Acting Classes for Kids and Teens
Take the Stage Long Beach classes celebrate imagination, action, expression and active listening.
Stage training offers children and teens a chance to explore who they are, and to experience life
- even for just a few moments - in someone else's shoes.
Active Listening and Imaginative Verb Expression brings performances ALIVE.
"We focus on strong theatrical choices, thorough - age appropriate - analysis of characters, scene and circumstance, solid listening and communication skills. Our classes are designed to provide young actors with vital tools for success - on stage and off." - Bethany Price, Take the Stage Owner and Founder
- Each course session is focused on the individual student and his/her progress in the craft.
- Class size is small so performers enjoy lots of stage time and can develop a true sense of ensemble with their classmates.
- Each class meeting includes brief warm-ups, games, exercises in listening and concentration, as well as targeted work in the chosen concentrations of improvisation, scene study, character analysis, cold reading, audition technique, musical theatre, monologues, etc.
- Classes are guaranteed to include lots of laughter. Acting is hard work, but it should also always be FUN!
Beginning January 2013, all classes take place at the Long Beach Playhouse, 5021 E. Anaheim Street in Long Beach
Scenes from the Minnie Gant Elementary School production of "The Kingdom That Couldn't Sleep," written and directed by Bethany Price.